• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lanikai

I may be a little biased but the Windward side of Oahu is so lovely. It rains seemingly everyday, leaving the land green and lush. As much as I love my Kaneohe, Kailua is beautiful as well. The long, white sand beaches are perfect for romantic walks or relaxing jogs along the shore. Kalama beach and Kailua beach are nice, but Lanikai beach has calm, captivating blue-green crystal clear waters.

The Lanikai Pillbox hike is one of my favorite easy hikes on Oahu. Once you make it to the pillboxes at the top, you are treated to a beautiful view of the Mokulua islands just off the shore, Kailua's white sand beaches to your left, and Waimanalo's stretch of shoreline to your right.

June 15, 2008
Mokulua Islands
Kailua, Hawaii

I wanted to capture the colors of Lanikai in this simple, beachy necklace. Whether at sunrise, at sunset, or on a warm sunny day... Lanikai's blue-green waters are always glistening. Vibrant glass beads, a faceted rose quartz briolette, and a peach pearl cluster together on a delicate 14k gold fill chain.

Lanikai Necklace
SHOP

It's easy to take a little bit of paradise with you wherever you go... Take a little bit of Lanikai with you with this necklace.



0 comments: