• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

knotsewcute

When I was younger, I used to love to "crochet" at my grandma's house. She taught me how to crochet a chain stitch, so I would pick one of her many balls of yarn and just chain away... and just end up with one ridiculously long... well, chain. I'm not exactly sure what was so exciting or satisfying since I didn't actually crochet anything useful, but it definitely solidified my joy of crocheting. If I could spend hours on end crocheting nothing, I can see why I am able to spend days crocheting something warm and cozy.



As the weather cooled down in Santa Barbara in October I decided that I wanted a new scarf. I saw a few crocheted scarves that I liked at the store, but the prices for the simplest scarves started at around $20. Not too bad, I thought to myself, but I can make that for less! Rather than searching the interwebs for a free pattern, I wanted support a fellow Etsian. There were so many designs to choose from, but I excitedly settled on an infinity scarf crochet pattern from knotsewcute for just a few dollars. The instructions arrived in an easy-to-follow PDF in my email in less than 12 hours after purchasing.


I purchased 2 balls (100g each) of Lion Brand Sock-Ease sock yarn in the color "Green Apple" from my local Michaels. The olive green yarn was 75% wool and 25% nylon - a nice blend that keeps the scarf soft yet warm. The yarn was ultra fine so it took me one month to complete. My gauge was a little smaller than the pattern called for, and I made the scarf a little wider and longer than the original pattern. I kept the scalloped edging but decided to go sans fringe.


I finished it just in time to take it to with me to rainy, cold Portland this Thanksgiving. I couldn't have been more pleased with the way it turned out. Thanks, knotsewcute!


Isn't this scarf lovely? I've paired it with my long, beautiful feather earrings from Rogue Butterfly. If you love to crochet and are looking for a few new projects, you should definitely check out knotsewcute on Etsy!


1 comments:

knotsewcute said...

Great work...your scarf looks fantastic!!!