• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Wish List

I started creating a wish list last night of all the things I might want for the holidays (just in case anyone should happen to ask) or would perhaps treat myself to. It was fun thinking about all the items that I wouldn't normally just purchase. However, as my list started to get longer and I started to note the prices, I began to feel so materialistic.  Well of course it would be nice to have these things, but would it make me happier? 

As much as I love surprises and presents, it started to make me feel so silly that I was making this list. They were things that would be nice to have, but really, I don't need any of it. I started pondering about the things that really mattered to me... I want memorable experiences with the people I love and cherish. I want to live life to the fullest. I want to try new things and visit new places. I want to make the people in my life know that they are loved and appreciated. This is what will make me happy this holiday season.

August 2009
Cliff jumping at sunset
Waimea Beach, Hawaii
PC A.M.

I can't wait to go home to see my family and friends. It's been one year too long. It will be a wonderful two weeks.



0 comments: