• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rogue Butterfly

I purchased these beautiful feather earrings from the lovely Rogue Butterfly during last month's Whole Food's event.


The sun was scorching that day (unlike all other previous events that I've attended), and she was kind enough to offer some space beneath her tent. I would have melted away without her!


These are my first pair of feather earrings. I know how trendy they've been lately, and as much as I adore roosters, I've been extremely hesitant to make a feather earring purchase. I figured that I could always make myself a pair if I really wanted some, but these really stood out for me. Rogue Butterfly was wearing a slightly different pair that I was initially eying up, but truthfully, I'm so obsessed with my pair. I'd wear them everyday if I could. 

I think this design is so unique, especially with the bead embellishments wire-wrapped up top. This makes it feel like they're a real pair of earrings and not just a tuft of feathers thrown together. I love that they're very long and thin, almost blending in with my hair in certain lighting, and that the olive dye compliments my tan skin tone well. 


I've worn these out and have received many compliments - more than when I wear my own jewelry!(Maybe I need to rethink my designs... haha, just kidding).

Thank you, Andie!


1 comments:

RogueButterfly said...

thank you SO much for the shout out, J! you rock those earrings so well, i think i must have subconsciously made them just for you!!! XoXo