• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SuKiKu

I participated in April's Local Artist Market at Whole Foods with SuKiKu, a fused glass artisan born and raised in Santa Barbara. I actually met her through EtsySB, and she was the one who helped me sign up as a vendor for my very first event (: Needless to say, I love her designs. We worked out a trade that weekend (she got my Sea Foam Droplet Necklace) and this is what I picked out from her selection!

I was initially attracted to the translucent stone-like pattern of this piece. I also love the shades of gray and the streaks of black. I use it to hold some of my small earrings, like my favorite pair of Pastel Rose Bud Studs. But really, you can use these small dishes for a variety of things - soaps, sauces, jewelry, etc. They're so versatile!

This next dish is a matching pair, and at the moment I have it on my night stand to keep all my bobby pins from being scattered all over the place.



Finally, I've used this last piece while eating homemade sushi! It was the perfect little dish to hold my pink pickled ginger and wasabi. This is probably my favorite out of the three because of its beautiful sea foam green color and streaks/speckles of black on white. I would absolutely love if I had a regular sized plate with this design. But really, I would be so giddy if all my dishes matched and looked like this (:


I thought that all these pieces were beautiful and really fit my style. I'm so happy that I was able to do a trade with her.

Like Sukiku's fused glass work too? Feel free to visit her Etsy shop. You'll find a variety of lovely pieces there.


0 comments: