• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jewelry Stands

Ever since I attended April's Whole Food's Local Artist Market, I've been dying get some table decorations for May's upcoming event. I'm usually not one to buy jewelry stands because I like to store my jewelry in little Ziplock baggies (boring and unattractive, I know, but look for my forthcoming post about jewelry care!), but they're perfect for displaying jewelry at events!

I got my hands on some awesome goodies yesterday.

Since most of my jewelry is ocean-inspired, I really want to embellish my table with sea shells. I found a large bag of approximately 25 sea shells at World Market. I love the variety and colors of the shells, but sadly there weren't any starfish! I adore starfish, so I'm still on the hunt for some cute starfish decorations. I'm not quite sure where I should look next.

World Market
Bags of Large Sea Shells
$19.99


I knew that Urban Outfitters carried cute jewelry stands, but I didn't expect to find something that would fit my jewelry style. The moment I laid my eyes on this white coral tree, I knew I had to have it. Apparently it's an oak tree, but since it's white it instantly reminded me of coral branches. It fits perfectly with my jewelry designs (I almost bought two!). It can hold a surprising amount of earrings, even if it is a little stout. Most of the trees in the store were already damaged, showing bits of metal from where the white paint chipped out. I snagged the only good one. If it chips I'll just touch it up with some white nail polish. Nonetheless, I'm so pleased.


 Urban Outfitters
Oak Tree Jewelry Stand
$20.00
SHOP


I was browsing through UrbanOutfitters.com and I stumbled across another "tree" jewelry stand. It's a little pricey for my budget, but I absolutely adore it. If I saw this in the store, I may have splurged and bought both stands. This would be great for displaying necklaces! I need to keep an eye on this item - if it goes on sale, I'm going to be all over it.

Urban Outfitters
Little Birch Jewelry Stand
$32.00
SHOP


 I haven't posted any new items on Etsy since the end of March, but I'll have two new bracelets up very soon!


0 comments: