• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Makapu'u Tide Pools

I hiked down to the hidden Makapu'u Tide Pools for the first time in 2007. The boyfriend flew out just to see me that summer so naturally, I wanted to do something exciting. I had no clue where I was really going, if there was even a trail, and what to expect once I made it to the bottom. It was quite the little adventure.

As we slowly made our way down the rocky cliff side, the crystal clear blue-green tide pools beckoned us on. We actually made it down the harder, more dangerous way. (We learned on our way back up that previous adventurers had made and marked a trail. How convenient!)



The tide pools are surprisingly large and even more beautiful up close. They're perfect for wading and swimming, and they're filled with sea life! The ocean's waves crash against the rocks as swells come in, and the sea spray fills the air with mist. The pools are constantly being filled with fresh ocean water, bringing in new life and oxygen to the creatures that call this place home.


My newest bracelets are inspired by these beautiful, hidden tide pools.
Sand Dollar & Starfish Makapu'u Tide Pool Bracelets
SHOP: SAND DOLLAR
SHOP: STARFISH

P.C. C. Volkman

These simple, yet detailed charm bracelets are perfect for layering and will be absolutely delightful for summer.

Enjoy!


1 comments:

Kristine said...

Your pictures are lovely! I've never been to Hawaii or seen anything like a tide pool before. Definitely just added that to my list of things I want to do before I'm too old to do them. :-)