• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Simplicity

Just when I think my life has calmed down (i.e. paddling's racing season ending) it revs right back up. I picked up another part time job so I've been working the last 11 consecutive days (64 hours in the last 7 days). For someone who has been delightfully spoiled by a 30-hour 5-day work week, this has been a little exhausting, especially when some of the training shifts go to 2:30am. Although I end up a little tired during the day, I'm really enjoying it all.

As much fun as it sounds like I'm having, I decided to take Friday off. Probably the best decision I made this month. Thursday afternoon felt amazing - the weekend come early! New hot yoga class, lounging around at night, sleeping in, much needed hair cut, sandwiches on a grassy lawn, long bike ride exploring the coast in to-die-for warm January weather, homemade calzones, pomegranate tart frozen yogurt, and jewelry time - These last 24 hours have been so refreshing and revitalizing.

Rewinding just a bit: Before the hustle and bustle of things somewhat unexpectedly swept me off my feet, I decided it was time to design something new again. In my mind, post earrings were beyond my current abilities, but I decided to give them a go and push my creative boundaries.


Voila, my first pair of hand made post earrings - freshwater keshi pearls with a 14k gold fill hammered swirl. Ever since I put my pair on, I haven't taken them off (they really shouldn't be worn in the shower, but I keep forgetting!). Maybe it's because my life suddenly became jam-packed, or maybe I just really adore post earrings. Regardless, I've been absolutely in love with how simple they are. They're perfect for work, they match everything, they're comfortable to wear (even to sleep, surprisingly, because of the silicone backings), and they're just so dainty and beachy.

Simplicity Earrings

These tiny earrings somehow make me feel that much more put together even with my hectic schedule. J'adore.

P.S. I've been working on designing other new pieces in my head these last couple of days. Seems like I've caught the creative bug again. Yay (: Just in time for next weekend's Whole Foods event!


0 comments: