• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Poppy & Pinecone

This past December I stumbled across a watercolor print that was featured alongside my Raindrops Bracelet in a lovely Etsy Treasury (Christmas at the Beach). It was love at first sight. I clicked on the print of the Hawaiian islands, and it led me to a wonderful little Etsy shop called Poppy & Pinecone

Poppy & Pinecone is filled with beautiful drippy prints of different states and countries that each have a tiny white heart placed in the middle. The concept is adorable and the colors are captivating. I had to have one. I decided to purchase a 5x7 print for my best friend who lives on the other side of the country. We met in middle school in Hawaii, and even though I only see her once a year now, if that, I love her to pieces. I'm sure she misses Hawaii as much as I do, and I wanted to send her a little bit of home for Christmas. 

Hawaii Love

Elisabeth, the artist and creator of Poppy & Pinecone, kindly moved the heart from the Big Island (default) to Oahu. My print was promptly shipped to Hawaii for me, and it was just as delightful in person as I imagined it would be online. (How could I not love these colors??)

Before sending it off to my friend, I picked up a frame from my local craft supply store, sifted through the handfuls of sea glass and shells that my parents handpicked for me in October, and put together my very first beach glass picture frame. I love how the colors of the glass complement the print. Just the touch of home I was hoping for to make the present complete. 

(This package took over a month to ship via USPS Parcel Post, so I wasn't able to blog about it until now. Couldn't give the surprise away early!)


Thank you, Elisabeth, for helping me create this wonderful Christmas present! Your artwork is beautiful, and I am so very tempted to purchase one for myself as well.


0 comments: