• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Local Artist Market @ Whole Foods

Another month, another Whole Foods event!

Saturday, August 6, 2011
LOCAL ARTIST MARKET
12pm - 5pm
Whole Foods Market
3761 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
I know Fiesta is this week/weekend, but don't forget to stop by!
Weather prediction: 71 degrees, sunny in the afternoon

I'll have new jewelry pieces for sale, and hopefully an improved set up (yay for DIY jewelry stands).


** UPDATE **

It started off a little cloudy, but it turned out to be a wonderful event. The best one yet! I just wanted to put up a picture of my newest display. I'm so proud because it features my two newest do-it-yourself jewelry stands!


What do you think? The jewelry stand on the left is actually a backless picture frame that I got at Michael's for 40% off. I also love that I was able to figure out how to have the picture frame stand upright on it's own - but that's a secret (unless you come check it out yourself!). The stand to the right is a couple of tree branches embedded into a vase full of beautiful blue-green sea glass. I found the branches in the park and spent days spray painting a million light coats until it was finally opaque white (I knew I should have called my dad first to get his expert opinion - I forgot to prime the branches... of course). Rogue Butterfly inspired this second jewelry stand. She had a similar stand to hang her earrings from (it was more earthy and natural - loved it). I'm so pleased that I was able to make a couple cost-effective displays that really complement my designs. I enjoyed the little side project as well (:

0 comments: