• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Doorstep Photography

I got home from work early and decided to finally take some photos of a few new items that I've designed recently. In my previous post I mentioned that I took my photos on a table outside. My mood has changed yet again and I've taken my last few photos on my doorstep.



It's a slightly unconventional place to shoot: I only have two steps, so I crouch to get the right angle (seemingly uncomfortable, but those who know me know that I'm great at squatting myself into a little ball - some have mentioned that it's somewhat bird-like, which I do not take offense. It's not surprising considering my extensive time I spent with birds - mainly chickens - growing up). The steps don't provide a very large, flat surface to shoot on - In fact, my white background cardstock/poster paper gets dirty on the steps and it needs to be replaced. But all being said, I like being outside and sitting on the floor, and the afternoon lighting works best for me. It just happened to amuse me when I thought about my situation at my doorstep so I decided it would be post-worthy.



I downloaded 77 pictures taken of 6 items and imported them into iPhoto (a very low number compared to my average shoot). I actually enjoy editing my photos even if it takes some time.

Here is another lovely bracelet. Today was a good doorstep day.

 "Free Spirit Bracelet"






0 comments: