• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Monday, October 4, 2010

My Photography

In addition to jewelry making, photography has been another passion of mine.  There's something about attempting to capture beauty in the moment...  from shiny pieces of jewelry to unpredictable waves...  it's addicting. 

I'm happy to say that all the photos displayed on this blog have been taken by me, including the water photography.


Summer 2007
Makapu'u Beach, Oahu, Hawaii


It takes a little bit of luck, and a little bit of practice.  

And maybe... a cute bikini, some sunscreen, and a waterproof digital camera :)

The first digital camera that I ever purchased was the Olympus Stylus 770SW.  It claimed to be shockproof, waterproof, freezeproof, and crushproof.  Too good to be true?  It weathered the beach, sun, surf, and snow; it was dropped on numerous occasions, even on jagged rocks; and it flew with me from Hawaii to Washington to Japan to New Zealand.  It took beautiful photos for three wonderful years until I accidentally broke it.  It could have lasted for years more, but of course I manage to break the unbreakable camera.

I now have the Olympus Stylus Tough 8000, a newer version of my old beloved.  It gets the job done, but I somehow still miss the 770SW.  I would love to upgrade to a digital SLR for my jewelry photos, but I seem to manage with the simple point and shoot camera.


July 19, 2009
Bodyboarder
Makapu'u Beach, Oahu, Hawaii


The photography is just another aspect to my jewelry making that I absolutely love.  I hope to periodically share photos of Hawaii to give you glimpses of my inspiration.  I hope you'll come back and check them out.

 

0 comments: