• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Portland, OR

I had the opportunity to spend three wonderful weeks in Portland, Oregon this summer. I biked all around the city, over all the bridges; hiked once a week to beautiful waterfalls and breathtaking views; slept in everyday until at least 10:30am; saw old roommates who I haven't seen in two years; and had my fill of delicious ethnic foods from food trucks for an incredibly reasonable price (thai basil fried rice is my new favorite dish!). It was glorious.


Hike #1: Horsetail Falls on the way to Triple Falls


View of the gorge


I handpicked fresh berries at Sauvie Island Farms and managed to gather 8.25 pounds of raspberries, blueberries, and marionberries (pictured above)! Marionberries are a cross between a raspberry and a blackberry and only found in Oregon apparently. Fresh marionberries are my new favorite fruit.


Hike #2: Another view of the gorge


Hike #3: Mt. Hood! I played in snow in July and couldn't have been giddier. I made it snowball but had it whacked out of my hand before I had a chance to throw it at an unsuspecting victim. All in all, the best hike of the trip.


0 comments: