• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Green Dog Jewelry

I participated in a Jewelry Boutique at Reds a few months ago and happened to set up next to Green Dog Jewelry. At one point we started chatting next to her rings so I decided to try some on for fun - nothing struck me in particular, at least not in the display tray - but I have been interested in finding another ring to wear everyday. As I tried a few on, I came across a dainty sterling silver ring with a light green translucent gemstone. The faceted prehenite glowed in the sunlight when I picked it up and looked radiant against my skin tone. The delicate band had etching detail and overlapped at one side - very unique. I was sold.


Unfortunately, the band was too large for my fingers! While I was wearing the ring, another seller wandered over and took an interest in it as well. It fit her perfectly, so I reluctantly let it go. Green Dog Jewelry told me that she could make another ring at some point if I didn't mind waiting a few months. I don't think I've ever fall in love with a piece of jewelry so quickly and unexpectedly - so I told her that if she ever had the chance, I would love to purchase a 4.5-5.5 size ring.


Four months go by and I receive the email I've been waiting for. Green Dog Jewelry stopped by the September Whole Foods Local Arts Market event to drop off my ring. The 5.5 fit perfectly on my index finger and looked wonderful with the other two rings that I like to wear. I was ecstatic. I've been wearing this little beauty every day since.

Within/Without Chalcedony Sterling Band Ring (similar)
SHOP
Within/Without Carnelian Sterling Band Ring (LOVE!!)
SHOP
Within/Without Sterling Band Ring (simple band only, very pretty)
SHOP

Green Dog Jewelry is talented, isn't she? I hope she makes it out to a Whole Foods event soon!




1 comments:

Green Dog Jewelry said...

I am so happy that you love the ring! Thank you for including it in your blog. Now that I know that you have I blog, I will happily follow it. Yea!