• Welcome to the blog of The Glistening Pearl!


    You'll find my inspirations, behind the scenes, sneak peeks, and upcoming events.
  • Have you visited my new profile page on Etsy?
  • Be sure to check out my Etsy shop's new About page too!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Santa Cruz Island

Sooo I thought paddling practice would end at 10am this morning... we got out of the water at 1pm (we were on the beach at 6:30am). Needless to say, I'm exhausted. As much as I love paddling, our new Saturday workouts whisk my mornings away and leave me with little energy to design new jewelry pieces. My poor Etsy has been neglected lately. I've been meaning to take new pictures for some of my expired listings, but alas... I'm pooped. When my creative burst finally pushes past my physical exhaustion, I'll be experimenting with some long earring designs (I'm thinking about shoulder-sweeping long). I have an inkling that I'll be keeping a pair for myself, like usual (:

Now back to the recreational activity that seems to have overtaken my free time lately - My team paddled out to Santa Cruz Island from Santa Barbara last weekend. It was a 30 mile training trip (well, technically 60 miles since we had to make our way back home two days later), and it was AWESOME. Maybe I might need to mention that it got awesome after I recovered from being seasick. The new things I learn about myself a couple decades into my life...

A little bit of sight-seeing:

July 9, 2011
Scorpion Anchorage, Santa Cruz Island
Channel Islands National Park
 
Scorpion Anchorage, 7 am, heading back to SB:

Sunrise
July 10, 2011

I'm not in this picture (I took it), but I thought it was a lovely shot of us leaving the island:

Heading into the channel
July 10, 2011

What an eventful weekend. Paddling seems like a crazy sport, but I really do love it. There's something so intrinsically satisfying about making that canoe glide through the water with your team. No wonder why my jewelry is still very much ocean-inspired, even after living away from Hawaii for so long... Paddling gives me the opportunity to spend hours in the ocean (6+ hours this morning!), which has always been, and probably always will be, my favorite place to be. 



0 comments: